Monday, December 17, 2007

Thank-you Cards - Feedback from the Field


Dave!

The Howlett Method 101! Today I received my first hand written thank you card! Dave people are listening to you…. Be very , very afraid…

Last week another member of our sales team asked for my help… I dunno.. I guess he thinks I may know a thing or two about hospitality sales….(I sure fooled him eh!) today in picking up my mail.. there was a handwritten thank you card from my colleague thanking me for my time, my insight and how I had helped him …. It wasn’t so much that he had actually taken the time to thank me but the thought behind it! I know that he took your course, he knows that I know this is a Howlett method. Regardless, it doesn’t change the fact that the guy listened, took action and truly did a nice thing for someone else … I wasn’t having a particularly good day.. this made me feel good! Amazing the power of a hand written thank you… He went from a B list to A list in a fast hurry.. I’d be happy to help the guy in a heartbeat!

Dave, just wanted to drop a note (and you know I’d hand write it but geeze we’ve been chatting so much lately I’d go broke with postage!) to let you know the impact you are having… I will say this.. thanks for sharing your knowledge… people do listen to what you have to say.. it’s a great message and even if very few do take the time to actually send cards..it makes the people receiving them feel that much better even if for a little while…. Now that’s making the world a better place!!

Cheers!

Stephen Ing
Senior Sales Manager
The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver

-----------------------------

Dear Dave,
I just wanted to let you know that I've been sending 'thank-you' cards for a few months now. I want to thank you for teaching me to do so because I have now truly realized how much of an impact a sincere gesture makes. I send my godmother one for all the years of birthday gifts I've received and she was so moved she said no one had ever sent her a card like that before. On another occasion I received a thank-you card for a thank-you card I had written. That was a nice surprise! Anyways I have now started buying boxes of thank-you cards and making up for the years I never sent them. My friends think I'm obsessed but I think they secretly love the cards they get from me.

Sincerely, Maggie Dys
Undergraduate, University of Waterloo

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just to add to the above comment, my mom recently called me saying she was very proud of me, since she's been getting many calls from relatives and friends (whom I had written thank-you cards to) complementing her on how well she raised me. I hold Dave responsible for the those comments she's been receiving. How much a few words on a little card can do, eh.