Monday, September 24, 2007

Use Knocking down Silos to help you in your career!

Over the next Month, I'll be holding 4 "Knocking Down Silos" in Hamilton, Toronto, Waterloo and Guelph. The schedule and PDF are here.

Many people use "Knocking down Silos" as a business development tool. Can I show you how to do this as well? It may help you get more sales or receive that great job offer.

If you have been to a "Knocking down Silos" event, you know it is an interactive evening that reviews the basics of proper networking behaviour. Hundreds of people from different industries show up to learn how to increase their effectiveness in the business (and personal) world.

Every 20 minutes, people have to turn to the person next to them and ask key questions (e.g. "what's your biggest challenge and how can I help you?). Here is a video preview. Who would you like sitting next to you when they ask you that question? Then invite them!

Send the PDF for the event to people you either know or wish to get to know better. These could be clients, prospects, key industry people, potential bosses. Many people in life know the importance of networking but have never been shown how to do it. You can simply forward the email with your endorsement.

Cheers,

Dave

****I am using KDS as a showcase for meeting planners. If you know any, I would really appreciate you inviting them to come as your guest***

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Dave. I'm signed up for the McMaster event in Sept and bringing
friends who haven't yet been to one of your talks. Glad to hear you're doing this FT now - it's a leap but I know you have an extensive network and it
will be a great opportuntity for yourself and others.

I have been keeping the principles that you talked about in mind, and I believe that they contributed to my recent appointment in a full time,
permanent status at McMaster in HR. As I keep telling my colleagues who are
new and on contract as I was less than a month ago, you have to get to know people, let them get to know you and offer to do things for others, no matter who they are. It can only work out well - and it has for me!