Friday, March 07, 2008

Feedback from an RHB!

Dear Dave,
You will be getting a thank you card, your seminar [for the Great Tornto Airports Authority] that I attended yesterday morning was the best I have attended on the subject. It so much applies to not only career but your entire personal life. The 3rd Point “ Get Over Yourself” is key for me… That is my single focus…

On another note :

I am by nature courteous when I drive BUT I do get the CAT LITTER Look going some days[Dave's note: this is when people don't allow you to merge infront of them and stare straight ahead]… I get really annoyed at people coming up on the left cheating the system… Yesterday going home was no different, BUT I simply let them go by waving them on… in the end I was no longer getting home and much more relaxed… the guy behind me blowing his horn and shaking his fist I suspect was much more stressed than I was on arriving home.

[A manager]

Greater Toronto Airports Authority

1 comment:

davehowlett said...

Thanks for the email and your great feedback. That means a lot as I always hope something sticks to the wall!

Like you, I used to “lose it’ on the highway when I saw people doing weird stuff – and it’s pretty liberating when you can just let it go.

People cheat the system in many ways (in work, on the highway) and I might get discouraged about this. But in this age of increased transparency (you can google anything on the internet) and the fact that people will always gossip, what people say about you when you aren't in the room is incredibly important.

I’ve found that the power of being an “amazing women" or " a good guy” always wins out in the end.