Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A watch success Story

Hey Dave,

Thanks for showing me the blog about Diana. Some times I wish I had an agent helping me [as well as a scuba instructor in Tobermory, Mike has an art gallery] , but for now it is my good looks and charm that gets me around. If that counts for anyhthing.

I wanted to tell you that I got the new truck and was in Barrie about ten days ago. Friday morning I donated my hair to Kids with cancer. The woman who owns the Hair Prosthetics shop is also collector of my artwork and my good friend's mother.

She was having an open house at her house that evening. I put on my best sweater and want to the occassion to show off my new hairdo. Her son, Jerritt wanted me to meet this one gentleman who was a very wealthy contractor and had high end clients. But just as Jerritt was going to leave we were unable to make the introduction.

BTW I was a litte uneasy about being sold on the spot as an artist ...which may have been just talking about me and what I do.

However as Jerritt was leaving he ended up shaking hands with the contractor. I noticed he was wearing a Rolex and complimented him on it as I have the same one, (mine is a very good fake!).

We talked about watches, which led to the subject of scuba diving. Apparently he had taken a 65 foot yacht to Tobermory, stayed for a week and was unhappy with the service of some local boat captains. I let him know how our boat captains were helpful and gave interesting descriptions of local dive sites and aquatic life. Then his wife appeared and mentioned how bored she was in Barrie; that there was nothing to see, I mentioned my Art Gallery and she was overwhelmed that she had neve heard of it and would love to go there next year.

Then we talked about their art collection as well as Italy (she is Italian and I have spent time there painting.)

Suffice to say I had an enjoyable evening and made a good aquaintence without trying to sell myself directly, and it could even payoff next year. Have a great day and stay super, Dave.

Cheers. Mike

No comments: