Wednesday, June 07, 2006

How do you keep in touch so they don't forget about you?

1. Set up a Google Alert to send you information that they would find interesting
2. Send them an email that a) tells them you were thinking about them b) gives them something of value c) refers to something about them as a person. Keep it short.

Lyndsey knows how to do it well!

-------------------------------

Hi Dave,

I'm in Edmonton right now for a Pharmacy conference, and do not have your regular email address. I was checking my email, and came across an article on networking - and obviously thought of you!

It's mostly what you explained to us during our cycle meeting, but I thought it might still be of interest to you. It can be found at
http://www.wwwork.com/corporate/news/
ready_set_hired.asp#FeaturedArticle.

How's the training going? I'm loving this hot weather lately - I find it great for motivating me to get out there and run more often!

LM

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When you first explained keeping in touch with people, I thought it would be really difficult – how do you just randomly keep in touch with people you don’t really know? But now I also think what you explained about finding common interests with people makes even more sense – keeping in touch then becomes almost natural. I really was wondering about your Ironman race, so it just made sense to ask. If you don’t have any sort of common interest with someone, or something to discuss I guess it would make staying in touch much more difficult!