Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Keep track of all your Contacts and Leads


Dear Dave. Hope you are well. I'm starting to realize that my methodology for tracking, archiving, and storing contacts is somewhat limited. I'm just using excel spreadsheets (and my brain); but am reaching capacity :-). I thought I'd ask the expert... Do you a certain piece of software to keep track of contacts etc..?

Signed, K.

Dear K,

Yes, there is a Free edition of Salesforce at http://www.salesforce.com/products/personal.jsp This is a business development tool offered by Salesforce in the hope that this "viral marketing" will get their product into companies. I've used SF for years. It's a follow-you CRM that you can access anywhere (no software) and customize to your needs. Take some time and go through the tutorials as the important thing is to make sure you have the correct fields set up (garbage in- garbage out). They also have a great Stay in Touch feature you can send to people to allow them to update their information. You can also generate pipelines and appointments when and how to keep in touch!

No comments: