Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Word of Mouth - Your reputation matters

Some of you who have attended my "Knocking Down Silos" seminars know that I ask you to write down what you want people to say about you when you are not in the room. In reality, you are writing your own epitaph.

Last week, I was in Vancouver presenting to the Canadian Society of Association Executives and talked about this concept. Tamera Olsen of MBABC related the poignant story of her mother-in-law who is adamant that her tombstone will NOT read: "I kept a clean house."

I thought that was terrific, then Angela Hold of CUFABC chipped in. The inscription Angela wants on her tombstone?

"If you can read this...you're not crying hard enough."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"If you can read this...you're not crying hard enough." --> haha! nice one :P

I want my epitaph to read :
"Lived."

:)